Hands-on reviews, comparisons, line-ups and testing of new axes.
- Gerber vs Fiskars axes
- Are Fiskars axes any good?
- Best Fiskars axe for kindling
- How much does a good axe cost?
- Hults Bruk vs Hultafors vs Agdor
- Hultafors Premium vs Standard axes
- Which Fiskars splitting axe is right for you
- What is the best axe for yard work?
- Is there a good Canadian-made axe?
- Is an axe or hatchet best for camping?
- How to choose a Fiskars Axe
- Fiskars Splitting axe vs Maul
- Best Axe Brands
- How to choose a camp hatchet
- Why premium axes cost more
- Fiskars X5 vs Gerber Pack Axe
- Small Forest Axe vs Hults Bruk / Hultafors
- Vehicle Axes
- Do axes come sharp?
- Can you throw a hatchet?
Axe Craft & Care
Axe craft is a great hobby whether you are tuning an axe, or restoring an axe yourself.
- The best ways to find vintage axe heads
- Make your own axe wax
- Guide to axe wedges
- How to paint an axe head
- How to tell the top of an axe head
- How to remove an axe head
- How thick should an axe handle be?
- How to thin an axe handle
- How to paint an axe handle
- Rust proof your axe
- How to maintain a Fiskars axe
- How to use a Fiskars axe sharpener
- How to remove varnish from an axe handle
- The best way to oil an axe handle
- Keep your axe head from coming loose
- How to wax an axe
- How to make an axe handle
History & Facts
There’s some stuff you just need to know. Knowledge and facts about axes, axe designs, and use.